Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Kreative Bloggers


I was recently linked to by Stacy for my "heady, intellectual" blogging, a very humbling compliment.  According to the mime, I'm supposed to post seven things that you may not know about me.  While facts about other teachers writing on other blogs might be enlightening, I'm not as fascinating a topic, so in the interests of keeping things heady and intellectual, I'm going to ignore that rule and skip strait to providing links of seven or so bloggers I would recommend.

dy/dan - Dan Meyer, current doctoral student and 6 year high school teacher, makes his lessons immediately relevant and assesses his students in ways astronomically more fair than any of my math teachers ever assessed me.  Most of my vacation time is spent trying to figure out how to adapt what he does for math to my language arts classroom.  If you figure it out, let me know.

Blogessor - The professor who taught my first real education class and all about constructivism also blogs, though at a inconsistent rate comparable to my own.  The teacher-researcher role narrated at it's best.

Kylene Beers - She wrote my personal bible on teaching literacy.  The old testament, at least.  And now the current president of the National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE) writes online as well.

The Line - Dina writes about teaching English at the middle school level.

f(t) - Kate Novak is a fellow reader of dy/dan and does a lot with technology to communicate with her students.  I took her idea of a Facebook fan page for my classes.

Continuities -I don't know why I'm reading so many blogs by math teachers, but Jackie is another good one.
 
huffenglish is my one-stop-shop for teaching Shakespeare.

For those six bloggers, the rules:
1. Copy the badge/pic above and post it on your blog.
2.Thank the person who gave it to you and link to their blog.
3. Write 7 things about yourself we don't know.
4. Choose 7 other bloggers to pass the award to.
5. Link to those 7 other bloggers.
6. Notify those seven bloggers.

Thanks for reading; I'll try to live up to Stacy's description.

No comments:

Post a Comment